Groups & Activities
The purpose and membership of the Pastoral Council can be seen on the About Us page.
Here you will find the minutes of previous Parish Council meetings.
Below you will see show the various parish activities to which everyone is welcome. If there is something you feel is missing, and would like to talk about how this may be included, please contact the Parish Office.
Latest meeting minutes
Our activities for younger children are centred around the Sunday Children’s liturgy and the activities we engage in with St Mary’s CPS. Some of our children are members of the Uniform Groups at St Anne’s.
Our secondary school children join Amplify, the youth group based at St Anne’s, which allows them to attain their Duke of Edinburgh medals and join the archdiocesan pilgrimage to Lourdes as helpers.
Older teenagers have the opportunity to join Animate, an archdiocesan group of young people who commit to service for a year or so, living at Lowe House in St Helens. The group is involved in a range of activities within Catholic primary and secondary schools.
At St Elizabeth’s we are proud of our ecumenical tradition and the strong links we have with our local churches.
Each year during Lent we run a course to explore different aspects of our faith, usually through the study of a film. Recent films have included The Kings Voice, Terminal, and Chocolat. Dates and times for this are advertised in the parish bulletin.
Occasionally we run joint courses on various specific items. Recently we have had courses on the Our Father, the Creed, and successfully completed a joint Alpha course.
Adult Faith Formation
Adult Faith Formation fosters the continued growth in the love of God, giving us a deeper understanding of our faith as we live out our baptismal vocation. Opportunities to help us grow, include the following:
- Occasional talks on matters of faith, on the scriptures and on the liturgies of the church’s year.
- Pilgrimages, journeys to significant places, reminding us of our life’s journey and purpose.
- Several times we have made pilgrimages to the Holy Land and Lourdes.
- Other pilgrimages have taken us “In the Footsteps of the Northern Saints,” “In the Footsteps of St Paul,” “Discovering Faith in the Thames Valley,” and to Medjugorje.
- Courses. Courses such as the Alpha Course and the Pilgrim Course (which explores the Our Father and the Creed) are organised by the parish. Others courses are offered by the archdiocese, including the Diploma in Pastoral Ministry, with courses in spirituality led by the archdiocesan Irenaeus Project.
Activities at St Anne’s
As a larger parish, St Anne’s has more activities available. You can visit their page to see if there is anything of interest. You would be made very welcome.